Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Obsessed!

Meet my new obsession!

I've heard of drinking chicory and I have seen it a lot in French supermarkets. But, I had this impression in my mind that it was an acquired taste (a.k.a. kind of disgusting). So, alas, it was passed by and coffee and tea was drunk instead.

A few days ago, I decided to live a little. And by live a little, I mean buy a jar of instant chicory powder. Since it was only 2 euro, I figured it was worth a try.
Nectar of the gods. 
Oh, was it worth it. Acquired taste? What acquired taste?! After dissolving a tablespoon in a cup of boiling water, I knew I was in love. This magical liquid tastes a bit like coffee, but with strong caramel overtones. Yes, caramel.

Comes to find out, chicory drink actually has a host of positive health benefits too. There is no caffeine, so it is a great choice for those wishing to drink less coffee. It contains a host of antioxidants and other good stuff like probiotics and inulin. Get this-since it increases the production of bile, it might even help with the metabolism of fats!!!

If you happen to see chicory, pick it up and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment